Defending Accountant Malpractice Claims
DRI: The Voice of the Defense Bar
by Thomas Hutchinson
Speech Category Professional Liability / D&O
Professional Liability Webcast Series
11:00AM Pacific - 12:30PM Pacific
For more information and to register, please visit DRI's website or click on the PDF below.
DRI's Professional Liability Committee is presenting a four-part Professional Liability webcast series. This topic, Defending Accountant Malpractice Claims, is the second part of the series. Bullivant shareholder Tom Hutchinson will be presenting at the webcast.
Defending claims against accounting professionals demands a working knowledge of the types of engagements accountants typically enter into, the typical claims made against accounting professionals, and the available lines of defense to those claims. This webcast, the second in a four-part series, serves as a primer on assessing and defending claims against accounting professionals and will provide an understanding of the various applicable standards and governing regulatory authorities. It will also provide a technical vocabulary to allow practitioners to become competent handling accountant claims and to develop deeper expertise in this area.
Who Should Attend:
- Attorneys with less than 10 years' experience practicing law
- Attorneys new to defending accounting professionals or attorneys wishing to move into the practice area
- Claims professionals who regularly handle accounting professional liability claims
What You Will Learn:
- Types of accounting engagements
- Regulatory authorities
- Essential elements of accounting malpractice and regulatory claims
- Defenses to claims against accounting professionals
- Measure of damages