Our team of skilled coverage lawyers works collaboratively to counsel and defend clients in claim-related and regulatory matters. This position will have the opportunity to handle significant responsibility in all phases of litigation including motion practice, discovery, and case management, as well as handling hearings, depositions, arbitrations, and trials. The work may also involve non-litigated insurance coverage work, including research, writing opinion letters, and advising insurers on their obligations with respect to claims handling and coverage issues.
Bullivant cares about our people and we are dedicated to the long-term professional development of our attorneys. Working with us means that you will enjoy a respectful environment that celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strongly believe our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion strengthens our ability to serve our clients, enhances our culture, and supports the communities in which we live and work.
We offer a hybrid work schedule and you will be able to connect with colleagues quickly and easily whether working in the office or from home with the firm’s technology and support.
- A strong academic record, along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop creative legal strategies
- Demonstrated trial experience and/or trial preparation experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Eager to assume responsibility
- Optimistic outlook that thrives in a dynamic work setting
- Values diversity and teamwork
- Must be admitted to practice in Washington
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, 5-7 page writing sample, and law school transcript to Carol O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interviews will be conducted via phone and video conference.
Bullivant Houser is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.