The Portland office of Bullivant Houser Bailey is seeking an attorney with 2-5 years of relevant experience in handling cases in the areas of complex civil matters including products liability, construction defect, personal and catastrophic injury, wrongful death, commercial litigation, and medical malpractice. This position involves all phases of litigation and includes drafting pleadings and discovery, managing files, and handling hearings, depositions, arbitrations, and trials. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a group of accomplished lawyers and become part of our nationally-recognized litigation team.
Bullivant cares about our people and we are dedicated to the long-term professional development of our attorneys. Working with us means that you will enjoy a respectful environment that celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strongly believe our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion strengthens our ability to serve our clients, enhances our culture, and supports the communities in which we live and work.
Most of our attorneys are currently working remotely, however, our offices are open to those interested in being in the office on a full or part-time basis. Your onboarding experience will include regular contact with your team. We utilize technology that allows our lawyers and staff to work seamlessly from home and enables collaboration with colleagues quickly and easily.
We are looking for forward-thinking professionals who are committed to helping us meet our clients’ challenging legal issues. Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A strong academic record, along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least two years of private law firm practice or other relevant experience
- Outstanding legal research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- An optimistic outlook that thrives in a dynamic work setting
- Eagerness to assume responsibility
- Values diversity and teamwork
- Must be admitted to practice in Oregon (additional Washington bar membership preferred)
HOW TO APPLY
Bullivant Houser Bailey is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.