The Portland office of Bullivant Houser is seeking an associate attorney with 3+ years of experience to handle cases in the areas of complex litigation, including general casualty defense work, product liability, contract, and employment trial work. This position involves all phases of litigation and includes drafting pleadings and discovery, managing files, and handling hearings, depositions, arbitrations, and trials. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a group of accomplished lawyers and become part of our nationally-recognized litigation team.
Bullivant cares about our people and we are dedicated to the long-term professional development of our attorneys. Working with us means that you will enjoy a respectful environment that celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strongly believe our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion strengthens our ability to serve our clients, enhances our culture, and supports the communities in which we live and work.
We offer a hybrid work schedule and you will be able to connect with colleagues quickly and easily whether working in the office or from home with the firm’s technology and support. Your onboarding experience will include regular contact with your team and ongoing mentorship.
We are looking for forward-thinking professionals who are committed to helping us meet our clients’ challenging legal issues. Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A strong academic record, along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent legal research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop creative legal strategies
- Possess good organizational and time management skills with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Values diversity and teamwork
- An optimistic outlook that thrives in a dynamic work setting
- Eager to assume responsibility
- Must be admitted to practice in Oregon, Washington experience a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Interviews may be conducted remotely or in person. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, and 5-7 page writing sample to Tammy Armentrout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bullivant Houser Bailey is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.