Kathleen Thompson has more than 25 years of experience as a trial attorney devoting the majority of her practice to personal injury, property damage, premises liability, and product liability claims in state and federal court and to handling appeals brought before the Washington State Court of Appeals and Washington Supreme Court. Kathleen has significant experience in handling personal injury claims arising out of motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, and asbestos exposure.
Kathleen has tried more than 30 cases to verdict as First chair over the course of her career, the majority of them before a jury, as an insurance defense attorney. Kathleen has represented insurance companies and their insureds at trial in a wide variety of matters involving motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall injuries, and premises liability claims. Kathleen has extensive experience in handling hundreds of mediations and arbitrations, as well as appellate work.
- Washington, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Gonzaga University, School of Law – J.D., 1995
- Gonzaga University – B.A., Education, 1985
- Gonzaga University – B.A., Political Science, 1984
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Member)
- King County Bar Association (Member)
- Curtis v Lein, 169 Wn.2d 884, 239 P.3d 1078 (2010)
- Curtis v Lein, 150 Wn. App. 96, 206 P.3d 1264 (2009)
- Alvarez v Banach, 153 Wn.2d 834, 109 P.3d 402 (2005)
OUTSIDE THE FIRM
When Kathleen is not practicing law, she enjoys running, Pilates, gardening, and spending time with family. Her most favorite place in the world for a run is the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France.