Danielle McKenzie represents insurers in coverage and extra-contractual litigation, including Insurance Fair Conduct Act, Consumer Protection Act, and common law bad faith claims. Danielle also advises insurers on first- and third-party coverage issues involving a wide variety of personal and commercial lines, including professional liability, commercial general liability, property, automobile liability, and employment practices liability.
- Washington, 2015
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- University of Washington School of Law – J.D. (2015)
- University of Washington – B.A., magna cum laude (2008)
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers (Community Service Committee Member)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Co-presenter, in-house presentation for insurer client on best practices for drafting reservation of rights letters (2022)
- Obtained summary judgment that commercial general liability insurer had no duty to indemnify insureds against a $7.5 million judgment, and had no extra-contractual liability to insureds.
- Advocated for commercial general liability insurer on coverage defenses in mediation, resulting in a settlement for half of the projected settlement value.
OUTSIDE THE FIRM
In her free time, Danielle enjoys hiking and exploring local restaurants with friends.