Monica Ghosh defends businesses entangled in complex commercial and tort disputes involving catastrophic injury, product liability, and medical malpractice. She also helps large insurers resolve challenging coverage cases. Strong and thorough in research and writing, she develops the arguments that will get the best result for the client. Often serving as the quarterback, she’s skilled at explaining complicated legal issues to clients to alleviate their concerns and presenting briefs before the court that dismisses or wins cases.
Monica brings experience representing business and government entities in a variety of matters. She has worked with municipalities and property owners on issues involving condemnation and eminent domain law. Before moving to Seattle, Monica practiced in Chicago where she provided research and authored briefs and complaints for federal, appellate, and state law litigation. She has taken and defended numerous depositions, drafted and responded to discovery, as well as drafted evidentiary motions, pre-and-post trial motions, motions to dismiss, and summary judgment. Monica has also assisted in litigation of whistleblower, class action, and employment discrimination cases, which included investigations, discovery, dispositive motions, and trial preparation.
- Washington, 2020
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2020
- U.S. District Court, District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, September 2021
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, October 2021
- University of Chicago Law School – J.D., 2015
- Post-Graduate Litigation Fellowship
- University of Texas at Austin – B.A., English, 2012
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- The Texas Undergraduate Research Journal, Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor during undergraduate study
STRENGTH TRAINING BUFF
Monica has been training as a weight lifter six days a week for many years. It’s a hobby that was originally inspired by the She-Hulk comic books she read as a kid and an adult and watching action-packed movies featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger. She currently has a weight lifting coach and her former training partners are in Chicago.