Robert Spajic’s practice focuses on litigation defending his clients against professional liability, product liability, personal injury, transportation, and construction claims. Admitted in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, Robert actively practices in all three states.
Prior to moving into private practice, he was part of the in-house legal team at Washington State University assisting various colleges and departments with public contracting, construction contract negotiation and enforcement, and a wide range of regulatory matters. Robert began his legal career as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney which allowed him to gain valuable trial experience early in his career.
- Oregon, 1996
- Washington, 1992
- Idaho, 2020
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Gonzaga University, School of Law – J.D., 1992
- San Jose State University – B.A., Political Science, with honors, 1989
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- National Association of Minority and Women-Owned Law Firms (Member; Insurance Practice Area Committee and Liaison to Restaurant, Retail and Hospitality Practice Area Committee, 2012-2014; Member, Restaurant, Retail, and Hospitality Practice Area Committee, 2012-2018)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (Member)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (Member)
- Co-Author & Speaker, “Insurance Confidential: Considerations for Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege & Work-Product Protection in Insurance Cases,” National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) Business Meeting (2016)
- Author & Speaker, “Liability Risk Transfer: How Contract and Insurance Policies Work Together,” CNA Insurance (2011)
- Co-Author, “Claims Handling Resources: Oregon State Guidelines,” Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Author, “Slip and Falls: Analysis of Premises Liability Principles,” Continuing Education Institute
- Co-Author & Speaker, “The Latest on Discovery Disputes and Requests: Claims Files Associated with Institutional Bad Faith/Class Action Litigation; Attorneys Utilized as Experts; and How Other Jurisdictions Will Respond to the Erosion of Attorney/Client Privilege Given the Court’s Decision in Cedell v. Farmers,” American Conference Institute (ACI) Bad Faith Claims & Litigation Conference (2015)
- AV® Preeminent™, Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2018-2024 — Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; 2020-2024 — Product Liability Litigation – Defendants)
OUTSIDE THE FIRM
Robert has been living in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge for more than 20 years. In his free time, he spends as much time as he can with his wife trying to take advantage of all that the Gorge offers; skiing, windsurfing, hiking, and biking.