Campbell Stuart’s practice concentrates on all manner of insurance coverage and extracontractual liability matters in Washington. He has experience in preparing coverage opinions and developing strategies for complex issues arising under Washington insurance law. He regularly drafts motions, pleadings, and briefs for such matters in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Bullivant Houser as an associate, Campbell served here as law clerk, building added value for clients by tackling thorny research projects and helping to develop practical strategies for navigating the occasionally peculiar interpretations of insurance policy language for which Washington is known. Before this, Campbell served as a legal extern at the Education Division of Washington State’s Office of the Attorney General, where he assisted with the work of Associate Attorneys General advising and defending Washington’s public tertiary education institutions. Campbell also previously worked as a legal intern at Weyerhaeuser, working on projects for staff and senior attorneys in both the transaction and litigation groups.
Prior to law school, Campbell worked for insurance managing general agencies in Washington State and in London, a stone’s throw from the Lloyds building. At Argo Managing Agency and Syndicate 1200, Campbell helped evaluate regulatory risks arising from sanctions promulgated by the UK’s then Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Washington, 2021
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 2021
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, (PENDING)
- University of Washington – J.D.
- University College London – Master’s, LLM (International Commercial Law)
- University of Aberdeen – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), with First Class Honors
AWARDS & HONORS
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Criminal Law (2019)
- Sir Frederick Pollock Scholarship (UCL, 2014)
- Commander B.S. Ranjit-Takht-Rattan: Captain M.S. MacFarland Memorial Scholarship (Aberdeen, 2013)
HITTING THE OPEN ROAD
Campbell loves exploring all the beauty that Washington has to offer on his motorcycle. His favorite weekend activity is to cruise around Washinton’s rural highways and logging roads on his dual-sport Suzuki V-Strom. A motorcycle rider since age 16, Campbell began riding with his mother and stepfather, both of whom are avid motorcyclists.