On Wednesday, May 27, 2020, Bullivant Houser and Holmes & Company presented a joint webinar on “Advanced Loan Forgiveness Topics and Risk Management of Regulatory Investigations and/or Criminal Prosecution,” which was Part 3 of their Paycheck Protection Program webinar series.
The webinar focused on two primary advanced issues of the PPP:
- The detailed calculation and management of PPP loan forgiveness, including step by step instructions for completing the newly issued PPP Loan Forgiveness Application, newly issued ordering rules, the latest interpretations of forgiveness issues, commonly asked questions by borrowers (including risk areas), changes in forgiveness calculations for FTE reductions along with a new FTE safe harbor, new guidance on “incurred and paid,” required documents that must accompany the aplication, required documents to be maintained but not submitted, borrower demographic information requested, and certifications required on the Application; and
- Exploring the risks regarding the “economic need for a PPP loan,” in light of new guidance indicating the businesses who obtain PPP loans without the requisite economic need may be subject to regulatory investigations and/or criminal prosecution.
The response to Part 1 and Part 2 of this webinar series was overwhelmingly positive so join us in learning everything you need to know in this 100-minute presentation which includes Q&A derived from participants.
- Webinar Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEbzeAQ7Myk
- PowerPoint Slides: PPP Loan Forgiveness Advanced Webinar_052720.pdf
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application: PPP Loan Forgiveness Application.pdf