Trial attorneys who get results in defending product manufacturers
As technology has advanced, the standards and expectations of product designers and manufacturers have amplified. We are seeing a rise in product liability lawsuits and the issues are constantly changing. Bullivant Houser has developed extensive experience and a strong reputation in product liability defense through decades of working closely with local, national, and international manufacturers, sellers, and suppliers.
When partnering with our clients, we combine our substantial courtroom experience and technical skills to help them minimize risk to avoid future claims. Our attorneys are quick studies in how a particular product is supposed to work, which helps us better understand claims of how something went wrong or a product failed. Clients trust our team to represent their interests based on our great success in the courtroom and deep knowledge of one of the most technically complex areas of litigation.
Straightforward and skilled team
No matter how challenging a case may seem, our clients know we will be thorough and brutally honest about the risks and their chances of success, and that they can count on consistent and excellent representation with Bullivant. We seek to understand our clients’ unique business interests and take into account how a particular case has the potential to impact them in their life or business going forward.
We delve into a case early to accurately assess the projected time and cost involved and size up a case early on to give our clients the lay of the land, identify key issues, and develop a proactive litigation plan. Bullivant’s product liability team also knows that the quality of experts we bring in on a case matters. Over the years, we’ve developed a deep bench of go-to experts strong in each category of products to successfully defend against plaintiffs’ claims.
Our product liability experience
- Medical devices (orthopedic bone screws, implantable pumps, breast implants, and heart valves)
- Consumer products
- Pharmaceuticals (including over-the-counter supplements)
- Surgical equipment
- Heavy industrial equipment (log loaders, farm equipment, tractors, trailers, excavators, industrial rock crushing, sanitation equipment, and scaffolding)
- Light machines and equipment (saws, power tools, meat grinders, lawnmowers, wheelchair lifts, gas fireplaces and furnaces, construction, and painting equipment)
- Vehicles and vehicular equipment (aviation and aerospace, train, bus, automobiles and components, tires, diesel engines, and seat belts)
- Children’s products (child car seats, toys, and recreational equipment)
- Firearms (shotguns, rifles, and handguns)
- Toxic exposures (tobacco, chronic toxic encephalopathy/”painters syndrome,” brain damage, isocyanate-induced reactive airways syndrome, multiple chemical sensitivities disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, asbestosis, silicosis, and accidental releases of bromine, pyridine, and fertilizers)
- State and Federal regulatory compliance (including consumer product safety commission proceedings and defense of claims under California Prop 65 statutes)