One of the most experienced defense teams on the West Coast
Bullivant Houser’s trial lawyers have more experience in evaluating, preparing, and trying personal, catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases than almost any other West Coast law firm. Our team goes to battle for many of the country’s largest companies and insurance carriers when claims are in the millions and the stakes are high.
For decades, Bullivant has defended clients in hundreds of jury trials to conclusion in cases involving significant or highly public accidents with big damage claims. The number of cases we have resolved through settlement or mediation is in the thousands. Given our depth of experience, we have developed best practices and game plans for investigation and the preservation of evidence, discovery, depositions, and the retention of experts.
Collaborative team with ability to connect with others
We recognize the high level of talent and experience on our team and tap into each other’s perspectives to make sure all of our bases are covered. Our clients benefit from a thorough case evaluation based on instincts honed over decades of trying these cases. They get an honest and realistic assessment of a case, the risks involved and their chances of success up front so they can make the best decisions for their business.
We are compassionate and hyper-aware of the human side of these traumatic cases. We recognize the pain a plaintiff has gone through and work to get to the bottom of how the incident happened, whether our client has potential exposure, and what the case is truly worth. We are skilled at ironing out those details, telling the story with the evidence we have, and advocating for our clients, whether that’s in or out of the courtroom.
Experience in handling serious personal injury matters related to:
- Pharmaceutical and medical devices (silicon breast implants, heart valves, fen-phen litigation)
- Medically related cases (asbestos injury defense, painter’s asthma, closed head and brain damage)
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home facilities (neglect, misdiagnosis, and compliance standards)
- Equipment (heavy and light equipment, logging machinery, cranes)
- Premises liability
- Construction site accidents
- Highway design accidents
- Automobile, trucking, and motorcycle accidents
- Aviation and marine accidents
- Environmental contamination
- Toxic exposures
- Vehicular devices (shock absorbers and jacks)
Personal & Catastrophic Injury Litigation