After a decade spent advising clients as an independent business consultant, Amy changed careers and has brought her experience to the world of insurance defense law. Since joining Bullivant Houser’s paralegal team, Amy has leveraged her knowledge of research, strategic planning, financial analysis, and project management for the benefit of Bullivant’s clients.
Amy works with attorneys in the Casualty and Business groups at Bullivant Houser and manages the discovery process in a wide variety of cases. She assists attorneys as they prepare for depositions, mediation, arbitration, hearings, and trials; interviews and coordinates witnesses; and researches and coordinates work with expert witnesses and investigators as needed.
She has managed numerous small to medium-sized cases, as well as larger multi-million-dollar cases, for both plaintiffs and defendants. Matters have involved a precedent-setting government immunity issue, Superfund site cleanup, contract disputes with multinational firms, product liability, and wrongful death cases.
- Portland State University- M.B.A., summa cum laude (Focus in Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Law)
- Portland State University – B.S., magna cum laude, Administration of Justice
- BSA, Scoutmaster & Founder, Troop 5162
- Red Cross, First Aid, CPR, WRFA Instructor
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Bloom, Tyvoll, Oregon Angel Investment: The Economic Impact of High-Risk Investment in Oregon’s Entrepreneurial Enterprises, Presented to Oregon Legislature by Technology Association of Oregon in support of lobbying efforts for investment tax incentives (2015)
OUTSIDE THE FIRM
Born and raised in Oregon, Amy is an avid outdoorswoman and enjoys hiking, camping, backpacking, kayaking, and walking on the beach with her family and dogs.