Evie Winters is a member of Bullivant’s managing Board of Directors. She is an experienced litigator, who is committed to learning her clients’ businesses and industries to help them navigate complex legal challenges. Evie’s work has included bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and appeals across state and federal courts in the Pacific Northwest. She is often asked to defend medical device and other product manufacturers in product liability lawsuits; healthcare providers and lawyers in malpractice claims; businesses and premises owners in personal injury, wrongful death, and toxic tort lawsuits; and companies in contractual disputes. Evie brings a practical and strategic approach to all phases of litigation and to developing risk management strategies and best practices to help her clients minimize future claims and litigation.
- Oregon, 2009
- Washington, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Lewis & Clark Law School – J.D., cum laude, 2009
- The Colorado College – B.A., 2004
- Defended medical device manufacturer through eight-week trial on product liability and Consumer Protection Act claims arising out of the outbreak of alleged “Superbug.”
- Defended company through trial on toxic tort and premises liability claims.
- Defended medical professionals and their practice through a two-week trial on medical negligence claims arising out of labor and delivery.
- Defended company and individual employee through multiple trials arising from several wrongful death and injury lawsuits relating to crash of small aircraft.
- Obtained summary judgment for medical practice on claims of alleged sexual abuse by former physician.
- Defended attorney through trial in legal malpractice claims arising out of representation of clients in sale of multi-million dollar companies.
- Secured summary judgment motions in two related cases involving an anesthesiologist, his former practice, and a patient.