Penn Gheen is a litigator representing clients in products liability, professional liability, and medical malpractice, including defense of skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, and other healthcare institutions. He has also handled catastrophic injury cases involving construction, vehicular collision, and product failure. He has tried more than 100 jury cases to verdict in both the state and federal courts of Washington and Oregon for the past 37 years.
Penn has defended prominent manufacturers in national litigation involving diet drugs, breast implants, PPA, ephedrine, asbestos, and various medical devices, including a successful class action defense of a hip prosthesis. He has represented major pharmaceutical companies in a variety of cases. He serves as counsel to several national healthcare providers and insurers of health care providers.
- Oregon, 1976
- Washington, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Willamette University, College of Law – J.D., cum laude, 1975
- College of Idaho – B.A., summa cum laude, with honors, 1972